Monday, May 8, 2017

$1 wall hanging

I love all things boho right now, but unfortunately I don't have the budget to restyle my entire house. I do however have a few bucks to DIY pieces here and there. Today, I put together a wall piece out of a $1 hula skirt from the dollar tree. First I started by hanging the skirt on a flat surface and cutting the ends to create a geometric design.
I then took the straw pieces and pushed them all together so they were as close as possible hanging on the twine. After that I started coating the ends of the straw in rub-n-buff. 
I then started adding wooden beads from an old necklace that I had. I also added some white fabric scraps. After I completed those steps I wasn't in love, so I decided to put some white paint on the top of the strands.
I absolutely​ love how it turned out 😍


No comments:

Post a Comment