Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Family Room

When we first moved into our home our family room was full of bad paneling and orange beams. I was still in such shock from moving to a new city that I had to do everything in my power to make this house our home, and I had to do it fast. Like yesterday fast. So, I tackled the family room, hard. I immediately starting priming the paneling. It seemed to take forever and my shoulder hated me for it. (I was in the season of sleeping next to my little girls bed (on the floor) because she wouldn't have it any other way). Through my blubbering, and after what seemed like a solid 24 hrs of painting, I finally finished the room.
.
.
Here is the before:

And the after:


A $20 can of paint literally catapulted this room. I also added a grey wash to the beams to tone down their blindness. Fixing up a home doesn't have to break the bank.


No comments:

Post a Comment