Thursday, March 9, 2017

My boy's bedroom

On the top of my priority list when we first moved in was also making my son's room perfect for him. With the amount of stress I felt about the move, I could only imagine the amount he felt. So, I focused on his bedroom at the same time as the family room. As the paint dried in one room I would paint the other room. His room had light butter yellow walls and I let him pick out a color for his room. He chose Thomas the tank engine blue. Sigh. That really shook up my "I only love neutral colors" theme. I came up with a plan and ran with it. I decided to paint 2 of the walls blue and create a mural on the main wall. I found a great silhouette of a castle and did my best to replicate it.
Here is the before:
This is where we are at today:
I definitely still have some work to do, like painting the trim white, but it can wait. He really loves how it turned out and frequently taunts his sister about how he has a castle like frozen and she doesn't. Stinker. 

No comments:

Post a Comment