Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Our Fort Knox

Welcome, Friends!
Today, I wanted to share with you what our home looked like the day that we bought it. To be honest (since we were relocating) I only saw our house 2 or 3 times before we purchased it. When I came in for the first initial time I was pretty shocked 🙈. I didn't realize how much of a fixer upper we had purchased.
When we saw her she was covered in snow and boy did that siding color scream at us. Whew! That was a doozy. I will "sneak peek" and say that I did paint it this last summer. I will show you in an upcoming post. Up next are interior shots of our home the day we purchased it. In the future I will blog specific rooms in our home and the changes that we have made so far. 
Our dining room.
Our family room.
Our kitchen.
Our "formal" living room.
Do I have you attention yet? Can you believe the wall to wall carpet? How about that closed off kitchen? ...and the wood paneling and beams. What in the world?! Amiright?!! Regardless, stay tuned because I will be sharing how we updated these rooms and the source and paint colors that we choose. 

3 comments:

  1. Brittany, I saw that you added a blog post today on stories of Instagram. Looking forward to seeing what you do with these very 1960s/1970s rooms!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brittany, could you tell me what you've done to your one living room wall. Off,the kitchen. Is,it a paint application? Thanks Whitney

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Whitney! Thanks for contacting me 😊 I just added a blog post about that wall. http://ourfortknox.blogspot.com/2017/04/ombre-wall-for-9.html?m=1 I hope that helps ❤

      Delete