Wednesday, March 15, 2017

New life from old finds

I've always been drawn towards old items. Something about keeping their story going draws me close. I love discovering unsuspecting objects and bringing them home. It seems strange to call it a passion, but that's what it's become for me. It's an opportunity for me to be creative and actively make my home.
 Growing up I would find myself eager to wander around my uncle's barn where he collected old "junk". I wanted to take everything home with me. I also have fond memories of excitedly visiting my great grandma's house. I knew I would be able to explore her stacks of books and vintage blankets. 
These days I make trips out of taking my littles to the thrift shop, after we do what they want, of course. I get excited about them being able to explore a world of old treasures, the junk that people eagerly let go of, only for them to find a new purpose for it. Hours of play have come from the thrift shop, for both them and me. 
 See that lovely woven briefcase? Can you imagine the adventures she's been on? 

No comments:

Post a Comment